"VANDUMMY" RUINED FEDOR'S UFC FUTURE
On the horn:
|FEDOR / PHOTO|
"You get an opportunity to do this mega fight, everything is in line," UFC President Dana White said. "You don’t laugh at those moments, you seize them, you take them, he didn’t take it.”
(CONTINUED)...VIDEO INCLUDEDAs if it’s not hard enough on Fedor Emelianenko fans haunted by the potential Fedor taking on former UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar match of 2009 that never happened, UFC President Dana White is still unhappy about the topic. He recently expressed discontent toward M1-Global and Fedor’s manager Vadim Finkelchtein, or as White addressed him “Vadummy”. White expressed that Vadim’s mismanagement and high demands cost Fedor a once in a life time offer from the UFC that may have elevated his career. Fedor, on the other hand, recently revealed last month that he would be interested in fighting in future UFC events.
“Of course, I want to compete at home, in front of my countrymen, but at the moment, the strongest and most respected MMA organization is situated in America," Fedor stated. "It’s the UFC. Therefore, I have to go to the US in order to face the strongest opponents.”
Last year, the 35 year old Russian proved his career was still alive when he won his last two fights against Jeff Monson and Satoshi Ishii after an embarrassing three fight losing streak. Fedor will be up against Pedro Rizzo, a former UFC heavyweight contender, on June 21, 2012 in the Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. While Fedor is open to the idea of a UFC return, it doesn’t seem that White will be taking up any more deals with Fedor.
“That was a guy who was made an incredible offer, and they laughed at it," White said. "You get an opportunity to do this mega fight, everything is in line…you don’t laugh at those moments, you seize them, you take them, he didn’t take it."
Editor: Johnny Waugh